The Office of Institutional Advancement at UMBC (University of Maryland Baltimore County) is seeking a part-time, contractual Events Assistant to support the advancement activities of the division. Reporting to the Director of Advancement Operations, the position will be part of the Operations team and will assist with numerous campus events in a dynamic, high-paced environment.
1) Develop invitation lists, using numerous sources of data
2) Organize and track RSVP lists
3) Track event expenses and code to appropriate event
4) Code attendees into complex database
The events assistant will develop invitation lists for numerous events, for which each list is unique to the specific event and is compiled from many other sources. In some instances, this position will address the envelopes through a mail merge and distribute event information to attendees.
The RSVP process is very specific and complex. Maintaining the RSVPs in a timely manner and assuring complete information will be a key component of this position.
Each event may have a variety of funding sources and this position will manage the invoice processing, track all expenses, confirm all funding has been received and code the expenses to the correct event.
The events assistant will enter attendee information into our existing database and work with the database director on appropriate coding. This information becomes the basis for future invitation lists.
Successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree (required) and preferably 1-2 years of experience working with data, systems and/or event support in a complex environment The qualified candidate will have skills, abilities and knowledge in the following:
- Strong Microsoft office skills and expert fluency with Excel
- Experience with complex databases and in particular, SunGard Advance
- Detail oriented team player with exceptional time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure with deadlines
- Strong customer service orientation
- Desire to work with events in a “behind the scenes” role and to assist with events in the “front of house” on occasion
Submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by August 22, 2014 (resumes will be accepted until the position is filled) via online at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail to:
Events Assistant Search Committee
Office of Institutional Advancement
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore MD 21250
Please note that only those candidates for future consideration will be contacted.